Symfony is a powerful PHP Application Framework that Emagineers use as the main technology for many of our development projects. Having worked with many different application frameworks over the years, we chose Symfony as it allows us to best meet our clients’ demanding needs. Symfony encompasses many of the best practices of software development by default, meaning we can build reliable and scalable applications faster and with less effort.
Having first surfaced in 2007 and now firmly into its second major release, Symfony has established a reputation for solid performance that gets the job done; with web giants such as Yahoo, Delicious and Drupal announcing that they have adopted the framework to develop their services.
Built on PHP5, Symfony embraces object orientated programming at its heart and encourages developers to build reusable components for web applications. This in-turn speeds up the development process and has the added benefit of reducing bugs through the reuse of tested and trusted code. Emagineers have experience building and maintaining web applications in the various versions of the framework, including Symfony 1.2, Symfony 1.4 and Symfony 2 / 2.1.
Why did Emagineers choose Symfony PHP:
- Opensource Framework – No license costs or vendor contracts
- Great Support – A large and very active community of developers using Symfony for enterprise grade web applications and contributing to its ongoing development.
- Model View Controller Architecture / Excellent Seperation of Concerns – By providing clear separation of the different parts of an application, Symfony allows multiple developers/designers to work in harmony on large projects simultaneously.
- Secure – Symfony has highly flexible security components that can be configured as needed to ensure applications provide the necessary levels of privacy and protection.
- Scalable – Can be scaled both horizontally and vertically to support large traffic and heavy processing web applications.
- Fast – With built in caching capabilities, Symfony applications can be optimised for speed and performance.
- Easy to Integrate - Symfony’s object orientated component based approach allows integrating other technologies, plug-ins and web-services as standard.
As London Symfony developers, Emagineers have designed, developed and delivered web applications using the framework including ECommerce Stores, Performance Marketing Systems, Social Networks and Content Management Systems . Our developers are members of the UK Symfony Php Framework Meetup Group, where we actively share and contribute technical knowledge with other Symfony developers in pursuit of building better world class web applications.
To find out more about our Symfony development services or request a proposal, please get in touch.